Certified translation

Birth certificate, university certificate, reference letter or certificate of good conduct – certified translations English – German are my speciality. All jobs can be carried out conveniently online and via post.

Certified translation English – German at AKV Language Services in Berlin and Hildesheim

What would Berlin be without its international flair? Each year thousands of people move to Berlin from other countries, which is what motivated me to specialise in certified translations over the past few years.

I am a ermächtigte Übersetzerin (authorised or sworn translator) for the English language at the Regional Courts in Berlin and Frankfurt am Main. According to section 142 (3) ZPO, my certified translations are recognised Germany-wide and can be used without restriction in Berlin, Hesse, other federal states and abroad to some extent.

Nevertheless, it is always wise to check in advance whether the competent authority has special requirements for the certified translation.

Documents for which I can provide you with a certified translation in English and German include the following:

birth certificate
marriage certificate
certificate of no impediment
divorce certificate
certificate of registration
certificate of naturalisation
recommendation letter
employment reference
driver’s licence
university transcript
Bachelor’s certificate
Master’s certificate
degree certificate
certificate of good conduct
bank statement
rental contract
and much more

Benefit from my experience as a sworn translator for certified translations. Working with me is quick and easy. Just send me a complete copy (in high-quality) of the documents to be translated as a scan or photo via email to, and you will receive a quote from me as quickly as possible. You are also welcome to use my contact form.

The order procedure is usually carried out completely online and you will receive your certified translation by post within a few days. If you are in a rush, I can send you a soft copy via email before posting the original. I usually don’t need to see the original document for the translation.

Below you will find more detailed information about certified translations.

Certified translation for abroad

If you require a certified translation for abroad, you should inquire in advance as to whether the competent authority will accept the translation from Germany. Upon request, I can also help you with this.

Some countries require the court to confirm the translator is authorised. In my case, the Berlin Regional Court or the Frankfurt am Main Regional Court are responsible for this court-certification. It costs about €20 and requests are usually handled quickly.

Certification of copies

Certified copies of documents can, for example, be obtained at a Bürgeramt (Citizens’ Registration Office) as an official certification or at a notary as a public certification. You can find more information for Berlin in the Service Portal for the City of Berlin or at the Berlin Chamber of Notaries.
Other cities provide similar information sites.

Public authorities and telephone interpreting

Do you need an interpreter for a visit to the authorities or a telephone call? Or do you need support with your first steps in Germany?
I can gladly put you in contact with a colleague who specialises in this service. Please get in contact with me; I would be happy to help you.